Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sibling Love by Logan

Yesterday we had an impromptu playdate when Logan's friend Hunter called for him on the phone. That in itself was cool, but when Hunter got here he was asking "So you have 2 baby sisters? That must be annoying." By the middle of the playdate Hunter was also playing with Logan and Monkey in the middle was a blast with all of us.

That night Logan was talking about the money Hunter had, $8000. Extremely impressive to Logan. And all the toys since he was an only child. You could tell it was on his mind. Meanwhile I spent the morning stressed by houehold things- trying to plan for a week of meals with 5 different people, trying to deal with having the house ready while I work at Crate and Barrel too much. And doing it all while keeping a 1 year old out of trouble and on little sleep because she doesn't ever sleep. Needless to say I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed by our 3 kids myself.

Today Logan comes over and says "Mom, I'm glad I am not an only child, you know why? Because Venice and Sylvie are great sisters." Oh this made my heart sing! Between that and the fact that "Carol of the Bells" was on Pandora and I was feeling sappy about gearing up for Christmas this weekend, I definitely shed some tears!!!!

No comments: