Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The crazy neighbors

My neighbors next door are a stitch. They are well-intentioned, and sweet but the husband has been remodeling the house for 5 years (perfectionist who can't get anything to look even decent!) and the wife must have ADHD because she's pretty flighty. But we love them anyhow and thier two kids. We did an egg hunt at their house and they mentioned they were going to DisneyWorld.

They recently got a hamster and my husband chimes in that "we'll" watch it for them while they are gone. Now they have done us one favor and let our dog out once while we were out, but not like we're doing favors for each other all the time. I knew they would wait til the last minute for details on the hamster. I called on Monday and the neighbor husband said they were leaving Wed so Tuesday night I said they could call me and explain the hamster and such.

So fast forward to today and I have answering machine messages saying they are leaving in an hour and hope I'm still on board with watching Sandy the Hamster. A second message asks if I could please move their 4 cars to the other side of the street on Monday night. NO WAY!! Oh my god. Seriously now. They have 2 little normal cars and then bought this nasty old truck to haul lumber in and their Sister in law's car is there as well. We are not allowed to park on certain sides of the street on certain days around here. We park our cars in our garage. They have a garage full of junk. No cars park there.Oh and then there was a third message about how often to feed the hamster. No note, no mini-how to care for a hamster lessons, nothing. Goodness they are trusting!!!! And the fourth message finally told me when they were returning from their trip.

Gah! I left a message on their phone saying I was working all day, I was still planning on watching the hamster, I got the massive number of keychains in my mailbox and that they will need to find someone ELSE to move their nasty cars because we won't be around to do it.

Maybe I should make a copy of the key for the truck and randomly start borrowing it without asking whenever I need to do my own home improvement projects!!!!

No comments: