
The kids did great for their first 2 weeks of crazy orientations, back to school adventures and the teary (for me) dropoffs at their respective schools. Logan has been very even-keeled about the whole thing. I ask him "So, Logan, are you getting used to kindergarten yet?" and get answers like "Mom, I'm ALREADY used to Kindergarten. I always listen to the teacher and I like it every day." So far he has talked about going to the gym, doing Jolly Phonics and saying the Pledge of Allegiance. He's always telling Sylvie what she'll get to do in preschool and that she's lucky she gets to play EVERY day.
We've hit a new phase at the park. Cowboys and Indians with the bigger boys. Including weapons, plotting, bombs and lots of running around. The big boys are really good with the 5 year olds. I'm not a big fan of weapons or politically incorrect games, but whatever, it's better than playing video games, involves social skills and talking to other kids, and it's playtime, which seems to be something he needs after a hard day at work at kindergarten.
Sylvie has Kimi in her class and we know the teacher, so it's been an easy transition. She's really ready for preschool and I'm sure she'll be a social butterfly in the class in no time. The crazy routine has been just as I expected, crazy and lots of waiting watching my watch at the same time.
All in all, a good start to the year, tons of paperwork to read through and keep track of. And a good dose of freaking out on my part about all I am supposed to do with Logan each day to help him succeed this year in kindergarten. Eeek!

No comments:
Post a Comment