Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why Not?

Logan has been really into Lego's lately. Like obsessively obsessing over when the next new lego will enter his life. As a mom I'm pretty stern with the word "No" and if I say no, I don't cave in. I've set limits like "Mom doesn't buy toys except from the dollar section at Target. And if you want something you see in the dollar section, awesome. If you don't like anything, you get nothing and let's move on with our day." I have been the mom of the 2,3,4, 5 and 6 year old dragging a screaming child from a store on a bad day wanting something, anything, I had already said no to. And I stick to it.

And yet, this little 6 year old has been on my case to get a lego. A new one. So I bought one. But I'm not his only target, he's been obsessing to everyone about the legos. So instead of just punishing this sensitive cheeky monkey, I'm attempting re-direction. Right now we're in the heart of Lent and heading towards Easter. It's not too far for a child to comprehend, so we're working on some Lenten projects to take his mind off the next lego and onto our new thing... "Giving Projects." I'm not even sure what we'll do but I know it'll be a good bonding time for all of us if we follow through.

Wish me luck!

No comments: