Monday, March 31, 2014

Some days it all comes together!


Look at that planning. Look at that mildly clean stove! Look at that variety of ingredients (some are even organic), nutrients, and a planned meal. Being a mom takes so much time, planning, and energy that sometimes you just have to pat yourself on the back. 

The planning of meals, grocery-listing, shopping, hauling of stuff from house to kitchen and then magically finding time to put it all away, keeping the toddler and dog's nose out of everything...... is quite a chore. 

Today I thought to cook the sweet potatoes while mopping and doing yard work.... so they were ready for tonight when I was able to mash them (alongside the toddler), pop them into the oven, and get the meal ready before I heard complaints of grumbly tummies.

Today we spent a lot of time outside. Today I enjoyed the basement that I cleaned out and overhauled last weekend.   Today I helped a kid call their mom because Spanish club was cancelled. Today I helped a kid learn to roller skate. Today I was totally focused on my toddler and then totally focused on the kids playing and walking outside for awhile before settling inside to make this dinner. 

Sometimes it all just comes together. And kids, for the memories you have of all the day mom screwed up and burnt the rolls or didn't have the right ingredients on hand to make things the right way, or forgot to go to chef school and learn how to cook, just know that tonight, you'll sit down to dinner on time, say grace, eat with your family a meal cooked with love and that you'll like the taste of. Hopefully you remember more of these meals than the others:)                                  

No comments: