Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April Catchup

It's finally SPRING! So very excited. We spent some time preparing for Easter. New clothes, freshening the house, baskets, eggs and making plans. Easter was at my Mom's house this year. It was busy, emotionally intense, and one of those days you get through and then in the evening you sit and think "Wow we did it!" and mull the emotions of what Easter means to a Catholic. 



This Venice lady sat well with us in the main church for mass. She liked her spinney dress and especially her white heels. She anticipated the bunny and gave him 10 million suggestions of what to bring. By telling us. She wanted nothing to do with the actual mall bunny. Venice-ism: "Mom, I'm melting! Mom, you are in jail! Mom, this pretend smoothie isn't a banana smoothie, it's a sand smoothie!" 


Sylvie is turning into a little lady for sure. She's been pretty mellow, enjoying the end of the school year and finding her way through math fact families. She looked adorable in her dress and pink heels.   She loves time with her friends, and if I can manage to bring them to our house she is thrilled. They spend their time singing karaoke, using her Easy Bake oven, and being silly by torturing her brother. Sylvie-ism "Mom, can I get new jeans? All of my 50 pairs have holes in them. Mom, can I get more clay? Mom, that was the best day ever! Mom, let's go for frozen yogurt. Mom, it's okay you can go relax- I'll take care of Venice." Love this lady- she is really such a great connector for our family.

Logan is a bit emotional about the end of the school year, the end of his hot spot as top grade in the school, and the beginning of the next school year in middle school. We interviewed a private school but so far we are staying with the public school. I think having his group of friends is something he is looking forward to. He loves soccer, still lays on his Husky stuffed animal all night long, and is also very into his friends and social hour at the park when it happens. Logan-ism "Mom, it's so nice outside I never want it to be winter again. If I had to choose between losing a million dollar lottery ticket and having winter again, I'd lose the lotto ticket."

Carly the pup is growing into a dog, which makes my life easier. She likes to hang out at the windows and whine at the squirrels. If she is let out to chase them she can fly like the wind. I have to upload the photo but this weekend in Michigan I caught her literally off the ground chasing the soccer ball. She's a lot of fun and the kids adore her- she's a great family dog.


Jorge and I are on 18 years of marriage this year- wow! We're right at the point of knowing each other for longer than we have not known each other. We're feeling itchy for adventure right now- we'll see what we can scrounge up! 


Happy Spring everyone! 

No comments: