Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Guardian Angels

Alongside the power of Google image, I was explaining Guardian Angels to the kids and was reassuring Sylvie (who was on my lap) about how we have all these "magical" powers of spirituality watching over them who are powerful enough to help them in ways even mom and dad can't. We were talking about prayer and such.

So Sylvie said "I've never seen my guardian angel" and Logan, who I didn't think was listening, came over and said "I see my Guardian Angel all the time. It's a 'He' and he gives me funny dreams."

Kids are hilarious, that's all I can say about that.

I've been into Angels and spirituality lately and read a book about Angels by Sylvia Brown. It was fascinating and I think it's pretty interesting to me. I personally feel like I have NOT felt the power of my guardian angel. I don't know if I shut out the idea of it or haven't really come into harm's way, but as often as I feel a "6th sense" about someone, I really do not feel like I have someone leading me on my path towards what is right. Not sure if I'm not just open to the idea or if it's something else, but it would be exciting to have a sixth sense about a few things on my mind for the future. Actually, maybe it's my Spirit Guide that I need to connect with, the Guardian Angel has kept me safe whichever way I go. So, Guardian Angel and Spiritual Advisor or Guide, if you're around, you are welcome to come drop greetings my way on the next way to turn.

On a side note, I had a really rough day with work and with Jorge out of town I probably slip a bit more to the kids today than I need to. So I was talking and joking with the kids during brushing teeth and joked with Logan "Logan, if you see your Guardian Angel tonight, ask them what I should do about my job." and Logan said "Oh, that's easy, you should have no job. You should just play with your kids all the time. "

My bank account vetoes the idea but my heart is definitely on board with my sweet Logan. It's a good thing he has so many other adults that love him in the interim. You know, while Mommy still has a job.

No comments: