Saturday, April 3, 2010

A 50's kinda kid



Just when I thought I'd had it with this generation and its commercials that seem to lure my children incessantly (I know because they come over and repeat them verbatim for me, just in case I missed them), the kids surprise me.

We had our first warm day. This weekend is the Easter Holiday weekend and the kids are completely and totally jazzed up for the candy and toys to come. They have spring fever, are on spring break and in general, are intense to the max.

So we got outside for two 80-degree days in a row! Logan had me laughing because he had this whole agenda of what he wanted to do. He wanted to rotate through all the toys in the garage and you could see his brain clicking a few more notches and he started asking for some random things. Like his baseball tee. Only he didn't use it as a tee, he started inventing. What could a 6 year old do with a tee? Well let me tell you, there is "Make it into a star wars blaster." And then there is "Sit on it and make it a rocket ship." oh, and then let's grab mom's sunscreen and drop it in the back of the rocket as "fuel." He had me cracking up with his intense missions so I had to snap some pics to remember this phase of my son's life. The inventor, the intensity, and the fact that this worn-out tee has been turned into new uses like they would have in the "Good old days" of past generations when children didn't own 1000 different toys all to play in their backyards.

No comments: