Saturday, April 28, 2012

Baby Phases

There are a few things that Venice did that I completely forgot about until she did it! Or that I don't want to forget

-The Stretchy phase. Where you lay them down on the changing table and they stretch for a good 5 minutes before you can change their diaper. So sweet.

-The giggler. She's a pretty quiet little person and it take a bit of work to get her laughing. But sometimes, you catch her just the right way. The first big giggle came from when Logan was in the living room twirling a crinkly metallic ribbon on a stick. We caught that one on video!

Another one that sticks out in my mind was a particularly annoying morning where I had a doctor appointment and Sylvie and I were just done with the hospital but Venice needed to eat. I sat down to feed her and the lady chased us away to a "mother's room" which turned out the be a blood-letting chair in a dark cold room, not so much fun. I was annoyed and ready to just get home with a sour face and Venice was propped on my shoulder. Sylvie did a little tap dance when we got out of the elevator and the baby started giggling and giggling. It was so nice. And she kept laughing right through the lobby I had been chased out of. All the families waiting for their patients had big smiles on their faces and some lady waiting for her ride with an eye patch was just thrilled to have this bit of joy in her day. So next time someone tries to shoo us out of a public place, I'll just say "no thanks" because babies are joy.

1 comment:

Samantha of the Ojibirish11 said...

Seriously?!? Next time tell her to eat her meal in the "mothers room"!!! Pffftt.

Yes, and babies ARE a JOY :-)