With my high-energy, high-imagination Sylvie we have found a niche that makes her so happy. She discovered the Bigfoot series on tv and fell in love with it, obsessed over it. And then there was Infested, which is also scary, reality tv of sorts, and there is the creepy factor of course! Now we just watched "Mermaids" on Animal Planet. The show was long and drawn out but we were watching on the computer so I was able to fast forward to the good stuff. However, there was a lot of info about scientific evidence, exploring and hypothesizing, and it was great to introduce her to something "real." I think the scary factor, plus the "inquiring minds want to know" factor satisfy her inner inquisitiveness and love of a thrill.
It's so fun when we find something so fun to keep this lady interested and occupied. And while these shows are not quite "kid appropriate", watched with an adult and skimmed through they have been fun.
Unfortunately this also leads to some of the issues we've been having lately. Since our trip, Sylvie has been going through some eating issues. After time and some visits to doctors, the conclusion is that this is a psychological issue. I'm shocked and I'm not. She's a strong-minded lady and is capable of so much. The specialist thinks her fear of eating started with a choking incident and was spurred on by the anxiety involved in us leaving for our trip, a return to school after spring break, and the day to day anxiety of a new baby and friend issues. So this has all led to my little lady who refuses to swallow anything solid.
The plan of attack right now is to keep her happy and anxiety free of course, but to gently encourage her towards solids and not turn it into a battle of wills. She's compensating with plenty of Pediasure and milk. But it makes me sad that her mind is capable of not eating. So far we haven't involved any real experts but I suppose that will come in due time.
Sweet Sylvie. You sure keep us on our toes. In a brilliantly awesome way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
sexy little provocative girl. I wanna get to know her
Post a Comment