Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fancy Dinner- De Kas

Jorge's boss had recommended a beautiful place to eat where they grew their own food and had a set menu. We made reservations and anticipated a wonderful splurge on a fancy dinner. We rode a cab there as it was in a remote location and the cab driver was confused but I spotted the greenhouse. He said his GPS showed a cemetery crazy huh?

So in this gorgeous setting with a neat swing set nearby we entered the pretty greenhouse lit up with twinkling lights and candlelight reflecting off of the glasses every which way. And Venice decided she was not happy. So after a bit of shuffle I changed her and nursed her in the bathroom. The plan had been to use a bottle but she was not so happy with that idea. Well she was still not happy when we re-entered the restaurant. So I basically ate one-handed and nursed her the entire meal. But it was delicious! Halibut, olives, a delicious soup, everything presented beautifully and fresh and uniquely prepared.

What a lovely meal even if it was a bit of a hassle for poor Miss Venice.

No comments: