So a few photos and updates. Awwww...... all 3 kids. 10 years from now I'll appreciate the photo but will probably forget the work it took to get this one! Venice has been especially cranky and bossy and non-too-excited about anything that involves mom deciding what activity is next. So this idea was met with a lot of "no." Emphasis on the "no." Even with treats the answer was "no." Even with the "but it's a picture for Daddy for Father's Day" the answer was "no." So the first few photos in this series are a screaming mess. Then I grabbed a little cat Logan had brought into the room. He actually wanted to hold the cat but seeing as he's 10 I suggested not this time, so I grabbed the cat and this cat so happens to be named "Gato Carrabato." So I had to speak to this cat in spanish. I'm standing on a stepstool in my room wearing a hat to be silly, wielding a camera, and speaking in spanish to a cat. Hoping for a laugh. Smile. Click. Print. Done.
Carly turned 1!!!! We survived it! The kids wanted to get her a doggie ice cream but I couldn't find one so I happened upon this (during my 30 minute lunch hour, rushed over the Petco) and it was fun singing and treating her to such a sweet morning of her birthday. We returned home for the day to find my entire kitchen covered in poop. Yes, that was NOT a good idea. But you know, yeah, sometimes moms don't think it all through. One hour of my life I'd like to get back, that hour scrubbing poop off the kitchen floor and dog. Fabbu beginning to summer I'll tell you. Carly- you kept it real. Life will not be getting any easier now that you are one, thanks for ensuring I don't forget that!
Miss Bossy Pants can talk your ear off. She unreally, unbelievably adorably cute. Her words are like chipmunk voice, she tells everyone "I YUV YOU!" all day long. She offers things like "You want candy mom? I get you candy." She's smart and notices everything. Know the ABC's, colors, numbers, addition, spanish, english- you name it. She also has a sense of humor. She plays in her playhouse and you are supposed to come to the window and ask for food or lemonade and hand her play money. This day she handed me food and I pretended to take a bite. As I "bit down" she starts giggling uncontrollably and says "Mommy, that food has FARTS! " Oh my she's quite the character.
Soccer is over for the season! My parents came to the last game and watched their first win! It's a lot of fun watching the kids get so excited to play and their joy over a trophy with a plastic soccer ball attached. So much pride. You did good Logan on your team- "Blue Lightening."
This summer has started out pretty warm. We belong to a health club with a pool and have been enjoying lots of time there on the weekends. I don't think I can handle all 3 kids by myself in the pool yet on a busy day. We shall see if we get to the pool during my days off. But for now- weekends with 2 parents has been fabulous. Venice wears a "puddle jumper", Sylvie is trying out goggles (but still nervous to go under), and Logan found the joys of a boys versus girls water gun fight.
This weekend we spent the day at Lake Geneva with my in-laws and it was chaotic and hilarious, delicious and wonderful. The wind was absolutely insane, so we were hesitant to pay for the beach, but ended up staying for hours. The kids loved the sand and water (Sylvie is in the background jumping waves). Venice hung on the beach for awhile but braved the water. Ice cream, meals, and shopping rounded out a Sunday Funday to remember.
Next stop, Seattle. It's been 9 years and we lived there for 7- haven't been back since we left. I'm nervous and excited, thrilled and heartbroken to see what we voluntarily left behind. I will always miss our Seattle days. I'm curious if it will feel very difficult to go back or it will feel like visiting college is- been there, done that, it's over for now and it was great while we were there but that's in the past. I doubt it- Seattle is just an amazing place and I really truly miss it. Felt like home. Darn massive family and their love right? Had to come back and spend our years here instead like good responsible kids that we are ;)







No comments:
Post a Comment