Saturday, September 20, 2008

Downtown

I always LOVED this song! "Downtown"

When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know - downtown
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?

The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
So go downtown, things'll be great when you're
Downtown - no finer place, for sure
Downtown - everything's waiting for you

We went downtown to Chicago tonight. The kids both walked, there were no packed diapers, no bottles, not even a toy save the puppy in Sylvie's arm. It was liberating and FUN! We all had a blast. Lesson learned though, plan a specific place for dinner because when kids are hungry, the claws come out and they get crank-y! We ended up eating at Water Tower Place and we all ate well...yum!

We visited Milawaukee and even during the day it was like a ghost town. Chicago was ca-razy at night. People in dresses and bow-ties. People in shorts. One guy in a leopard suit fitting himself into a box. Bet you can guess which person intrigued Sylvie the most!

The kids were slack jawed, watching each and every horse, carriage and oddity that walked by. They listed (for the most part) and held our hands on the massively busy streets. A great time was had by all. Jorge and I love giving our kids experiences like this. So fun!



2 comments:

C. Beth said...

Man, if I read ONE MORE blog post from a mom with a potty-trained kid, I'm just going to EXPLODE.

Just kidding, of course. :) That sounds like fun. I'd never thought of bringing Ana downtown but I bet she'd love to see all the sights and all the weirdos. (I use "weirdos" in the best possible sense, of course.) Great idea!

Lyndsay said...

Kristin,

When I was little I used to LOVE that song, LOL. I haven't heard it in ages ...