A few months back it was easier to read good books to Sylvie. Lately all they wants is to obsess over the Disney Princesses. And in addition, Logan loves my storytelling. So now our tradtion is for me to read one or two books and then Logan is begging for a story. But he doesn't let me tell a story, he wants to interject. At first I got annoyed, but now,...my stories sound something like this ...
Me:"Once upon a time...there was a Transformer. And he was..."
Logan:"Blue. Optimus Prime."
Me:"And he was at a birthday party and heard someone crying. It was...."
Sylvie:"A Princess!"
Me:"And this princess was wearing...."
Sylvie:"A Pink Dress...."
Logan:"And then the transformer comes and shoots the bad guy!"
Me:"And they all have cake and pink marshmallows."
And there you have it. Storytime at our house:) I'll have to draw some pictures and write out the story and illustrate it. But then again, the best part is that they make up new ideas each time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have loved discovering the fun of making up stories to tell Ana. My wonderful parents read lots of books to us but I don't remember them making up lots of stories. Ana LOVES the stories I make up even when they suck. :)
Post a Comment