Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hour One....Hour Two.....

Let's pretend you are on the roadtrip with me and Sylvie to Champaign this morning....This is what you will hear....

Hour One
"LaLaLaLA...LaLaLALA...Elmo's World......"
"Mommy...that's Ernie! See him?" "Yes, he looks so happy." (No, I wasn't watching the DVD in the back seat)
"Here Sylvie, here's a Color Wonder Marker and a princess Book to color in......"
Insert Blissful silence for a LONG time (with Elmo in the background......)

Hour Two (after bathroom break and snack)
"Mommy, are we HERE already?"
"No, not quite."
"I am going to Cinderella's party." (or a friend's baptism, same thing right?)
"Here Sylvie, play with this toy."
"Mommy I dropped it."
"Mommy can I have your bracelet?"
"When we get to church." 4 seconds pass
"Mommy can I have your bracelet?"
"When we get to the church." 4 seconds pass
"Mommy, where is My bracelet. I want to go home and see DADDY!!!!! AND LOGAN!!!! AND WHERE IS ABBY?!?!? OH NO ABBY IS STILL AT THE HOTEL~" tears, sobbing, tears, drama,
"Look Sylvie, you can wear Mommy's bracelet!" 4 seconds pass.

"Mommy I dropped the bracelet."
"Are we there already?"

"Look at that Sylvie.....it's a massively huge red barn. See it?"
"I can't see it."
"Look Sylvie, see those 3 miles of green plants? There is corn in those plants."
"I can't see it. I want to see the corn Mama! Are we there already?"

And on and on and on for many rows of corn.......Maybe it's better that you werent' in the car to hear it in person.

On the upside....I had a blast seeing an old friend and her new beautiful gorgeous baby baptised. And the party was hot, but it was outside and at a park and pavilion and lots of fun. With tons to eat and drink.

Even better.....Sylvie slept the WHOLE way home. :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love me a good long car ride with a toddler!!! LOL