Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Day Tidings +Whine #1 +Whine #2

Okay let's get the whining over with.....

Whine # 1: I'm in awe that my 2-1/2 year old is one of the few who has mastered the art of potty training. But it's kind of like giving a 14 year old a license to drive. She's too young for the responsibility! She knows when and how to hold the power. Mommy won't play with me? Oops time to go to the potty and have her help me! Mommy wants to leave the zoo, nope, I need to go christen every public restroom we find at least twice. Bedtime? Nope! She manages to poop twice or more and pee at least 3 times between the hours of getting ready to go to bed and the second and third trips I make up the stairs to help her out! The child pees like a pregnant woman! Maybe it's all the "Princess Munks" (white milk in a Princess cup to you and me) that she insists on having!

Whine #2: I almost forgot this one! My teeth hurt! But the good thing is I found some cancer sore/toothache stuff upstairs and it's working miracles. Off to the dentist as soon as I can/ they let me.

Okay.....Happy Tidings Day

Can I just say I had a GOOD week at work last week and so far this week?! I was so in my element. I seriously need to get reminded why I chose to go to grad school and pay all those student loans every few years to remember that I LOVED college- it just suits me:) So my boss is hopefully starting to realize I will be handing out resumes soon if he can't find things for me to do. He's been asking me not to come in due to lack of work every few weeks this summer.

So he asked me to do a research project on green architecture for one of our clients and to create an office standard. I passed one exam on green architecture but the residential portion didn't even exist when I took it (3 years ago) so here he hands me the residential book and wants me to summarize it! Some people, like my husband, would probably shit a brick. Me... I call my husband from the other room because I'm so excited to have this book in my hands (costs $125)and get time.,..and paid....to read it! Woohoo!

So a few days later, I have a sweet typed up document and binder for the client, getting kudos from my boss. So, that, along with us scoring a NEW house project in the office, everyone is happy. PLUS, even better news....My boss is going out of town and when he talked about it I thought he was going to ask if either I could not work next week or watch his three children for him so he could vacation alone....but no. Instead he asked me come in later in the week. My mom is available to babysit, so I can get 2 full weeks of 3 days a week working in a ROW. We're on a roll here!!!

Today I presented the green info to the new clients and they were impressed, excited and no one fell asleep. Plus I didn't studder or pass out from fear or nervousness. Not that I thought I would....but one never knows.

Anyway, I am enjoying this "Green Architecture" piece of things and hopefully tomorrow is a good one and a good weekend! Heck, let's just hope for no really bad days anytime soon okay?

Oh, I'll throw a Whine #3 in there for good measure. A rep came into my office from Balthuis I belive it was? It's a kitchen company, and they brought with them some eye candy on some fabulous kitchens that are amazing pieces of art (think white modern, sleek stainess, blue enamel, self-closing drawers, fantastic wood graining). So I'll whine that the drool that fell from my mouth onto the pictures of said fantastic kitchens is probably as close as I'll ever get to using one. But that's okay. I'll live without one. I think. Even the rep said he gets depressed going home to his own kitchen.

They did give me a free potholder. It's made of suede and is embossed with their name. I may frame it and put it over my kitchen sink to look at while I do dishes.

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

LOL about the potholder. Great post. :)

CONGRATS on the job stuff. It feels so good to feel like you're doing something that matters, and doing it really well. Awesome.

Special K said...

Beth- if my husband ever gets transfered to the Texas office, can I come be your friend?