Friday, February 6, 2009

All summer in a day

Did anyone see that movie or read that book? It was about some kids on another planet where one day a year there was sunshine and the flowers bloomed. Today it was sunny and warm enough to actually BE outside. It's so deceiving to watch tv shows where everyone is making snowmen and sledding all afternoon. While we went outside of course, it was so bitterly cold this winter that it was hard to not worry for our health! Today there was still a good amount of snowcover, and clear sidewalks, and sunshine!

We went for a walk around the block and the kids came up with a game called "kick the snow." I ran errands and dropped Logan off and Sylvie was asleep. So I put her in the stroller and walked down about 6 blocks to the CVS and filled the stroller basket with some essentials. It felt so so good to walk outside! I cannot believe the winters here, they are so unhealthy to me! Even in Seattle, I walked around in the rain!
We have all been sick on and off for an eternity. I think it went something like Flu-Colds-Cough-Flu for the rest of the family-Colds for the rest of the family- Massively annoying cough for both kids with me holding my breath til I catch it as well. Trying to keep germs away. Sylvie spitting a mouthful of purple Motrin at my face probably didn't help in keeping the germs away.

Here are a few recent pics...











































3 comments:

Shannon said...

I feel you! Today we are supposed to have a warmish day, and I am so looking forward to getting outside. Of course, the fact that it is 2 degrees right now is making me nervous. Glad you had a sunny day!

MaggieBrown said...

Being sick is no fun. I found this darling way to teach my kids how to not get me sick. it is so fun - http://www.germywormy.com

Melissa said...

I read that short story in 7th grade. I remember it every now and again.