Now, I'm looking at her in a whole new light. She's my sweet quiet companion. When I run upstairs to take a shower, I can almost guarantee she left the family chaos behind and will be sitting on her little doggie pillow outside the bathroom door.
She requires one type of food. From one store. Once a month grocery shopping. And washing her dishes is simple. The kids...the amount of work that goes into their food shopping, prepping and cleaning up after, can get a bit ridiculous.
The dog just went bananas over some little toy I decided to give her. The kids, won't know it was once theirs.
After playing for 5 minutes with said toy, she's relaxing near me and letting me watch tv. When I play with the kids, they are like empty vessels upping the ante and amount of time and energy playing as far as I can stretch. And they never let me watch my own tv:)
The dog doesn't create laundry, require her own room, request toys, go to preschool or talk my ear off. Oh, and she will NEVER say 'no' or whine about taking a walk. Or have a meltdown about what clothing she is allowed to wear outside. Or get too cool to hang out with me.
Yeah, I'm all for it. Sweet Abby Pupcake can stay:) Just stop trying to eat the food off my kitchen table!

2 comments:
Thanks. Now I want a dog even more.
Thanks.
Pupcake is too cute to make trouble. I just don't believe you. :)
Post a Comment