Saturday, October 17, 2009

11 -5 year old Boys.

Oh my! I just attended the first birthday party of the kindergarten year. This party was at home which to me conjures innocence, fun games and homemade cake. Well we had the second two but innocence, man I can picture some of these boys in junior high already. I think I need to send a spa certificate for their teacher this Christmas. Or perhaps buy her a trip to the Bahamas to recoup and get ready for round 2 of the rest of the year!

There was rowdiness, pure insane disregard for the kids toys, and knocking over of juice cups by whipping an inflatable pumpkin everywhere. They had some fun Halloween decorations like the one with a skeleton hand that comes out, and instead of just standing there laughing, it became a contest to see who could break the darn thing faster.

The mummy contest was crazy. The musical chair contest was ruthless. And the pinata left some kids in tears!

The parents hosting were great, they really did try to keep a handle on things. But what do you do when you announce "Time to play a new game!" and a child stands their ground and says "Not me!" and continues to destroy the playroom by throwing things all over the place.

I was actually happy to be there as I had to defend my son a few times, steal his toy gun back from 3 different kids (who took it right out of his hands), and pull a few boys off of him that were in a punching kinda mood. Good grief!

We have a birthday party coming up at Chuck E Cheese for Logan with the same 11 boys, and a Halloween party at kindergarten, I'll be curious to see the behavior of the kids for these events.

And to think, the 11 boys are only half of the kindergarten class. Now I'm glad to be an architect again!

No comments: