Saturday, October 10, 2009

What's for Dinner?

This is a typical dinner for the kids and me. I love serving the kids in these trays, as Logan especially is not very "Mixed food" friendly. He would flip out if I served him a casserole, he prefers compartments. Plus it makes it easier to say "eat all of your veggies or fruit" Since we had a big lunch and neither child is in a growth spurt at the moment, I had to do some cajoling to get them to eat this.



This, on the other hand, is Logan's dinner request. And lunch request. He tells me he would like to eat Ramen all the time. Even though it isn't healthy. And every food presented comes with the question "Is this healthy?" and eaten better if it is healthy.



I have to say it is nice to have ONE food you KNOW the kids will eat, no matter what. Sylvie's fav is rice from the in-laws restaurant. For a Long LONG LOOOOONG time, Logan preferred Hot Dogs, Scrambled eggs, Chocolate Milk and Breakfast Sausage. Sylvie is not as routine, she goes in phases. Usually when you stock up on something, she decides she no longer likes it:)

1 comment:

letterknit said...

If your kids like compartments, they might like Laptop Lunch boxes. I used to use mine a lot for myself.. helped me make sure I ate a variety of stuff for lunch (fruits, veggies, etc). There is a Flickr group that shows only peoples lunches for inspiration!! laptoplunches.com