Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Backyard Visitors

Yesterday our neighborhood was abuzz with activity. The neighbors to either side of us were working on home improvement projects and the kids were all home from school. I was talking over the fence and noticed a bunch of movement. Turns out there was a patch of grass swarming with 100's of some flying creature I will call baby flies. Being the good terrified person I am, I grabbed a can of fly spray and nuked them. Sometimes Mother Nature and I do not have a whole lot in common.

Then, a bit less disgusting and more fun, Logan and I got into some tennis matches. He's so good! I'm really wanting to get him to one of the many nearby courts and let him wack the ball back and forth. In the yard we had trees and such in the way. But he's really getting the hang of it. With a few new cans of tennis balls bouncing around we saw a 4 year old neighbor girl looking longingly at us and we invited her over. She doesn't live next door, but visits. She was brave enough to come over and she and Sylvie got along so well! I'm really seeing Sylvie enjoy being social now. She loves older kids and last weekend got along swimmingly with a few little 3 year old girls at a playgroup. I feel like Sylvie has really turned into an almost 3 year old and is so completely different than she was just turning 2. How fun!

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

Awww Kristin, I just said the same thing about Kate. All of a sudden, over just the last 6 weeks, she's so much more "almost three". It's really remarkable, fun, and sad all at the same time!