These are my sweet kids who asked nicely all week if we could go to "Burger King" to get a Sponge Bob kids meal toy. We planned it, and went and here they are all sweet and happy waiting anxiously for the glorious Bob toys as the entire store is decked out in images of Bob himself. Alas, this darn Burger King is King of false advertising as we got some dumb Nickelodeon toys instead. Poor kids, they were so heartbroken. When the line died down I spoke with someone and he glanced through the box with kids meal bags and nope, no sponge bob's left. Guess what, this was the second time this happened at this particular burger king. So wrong. And what's crazy is they were out of control, understaffed and couldn't handle the lunch crowd at all. There was crazy beeping all over the kitchen and no one taking orders, he was running back making food too!!!! What a mess.
The McDonald's right next door has their act together. Also, I'm a bit miffed that the kids' meals price adds up pretty quickly because the mac and cheese is extra and the apples are extra and their grilled chicken sandwich is one of the priciest things on the menu. Let's just say we could have gone to Denny's for the same price! And I could have made Kraft Mac and Cheese without sponge bob toys at home for much less!
We got to go to a kids' party where the REAL Ariel made an appearance! Sylvie was sooo nervous! She held onto that purse and a few of the Bdaygirl's fashion dolls the entire time. She was quite relieved when Ariel came to sing for us, played "Hot Potato" with a tiara, and generally was sweet and fun. We all pushed our stay a bit too long because it was downpouring, but the rain stopped and we headed home. Very ready.
"Mom, what's in Sylvie's hand? Why does she have BdayGirl's toys?"
"Sylvie, I told you we had to leave those there! Well, as soon as we go home, we're mailing them back to BdayGirl."
"No!"
Take them away at home, put into an envelope....
"They are MINE!!! I WANT THEM...." and continue the whining and crying and drama and carrying on for the next 20 minutes and then on and off for the rest of the evening. Oh my! We had talks about how it's not nice, BdayGirl misses her toys, etc. But reasoning with a 3 year old is next to impossible. Logan finally settled her down for good. He was talking to her and came back to inform me...
"Mom, Sylvie is done crying now. I told her we will get her the same toys for her birthday." and went back to play.

3 comments:
Not exactly a spot-on Ariel look-alike, is she? Hmmm.
Yeah, the dads were disappointed in the lack of a real seashell bra.:)
We went to BK on Saturday, too - luckily not specifically to get a SpongeBob toy but imagine my 3-year-old son's disappointment at getting not only NOT SpongeBob, but a dreaded GIRL TOY. Some kind of a princess thing that you wind up and it spins around. I suppose I could have asked if they had a boy's toy instead but I just told him that's all they had left. But he kept pointing out the SpongeBob posters on the wall and the case full of SpongeBob toys by the register, and couldn't figure out why he didn't get one of those instead.
At our local BK's, they have a promotion right now that if you buy a value meal, you get a kid's meal for 99 cents. And I don't think I've been charged extra for mac & cheese or apples, either. So the two kids and I ate for a total of $5.50 since they split a kid's meal. Awesome!
LOL at the dads' disappointment over Ariel's bra.
Post a Comment