Friday, April 24, 2009

Sigh....

I grabbed the magazine we get from the University of Washington and came across some photos that made me feel like I was just punched in the stomach. It made me miss Seattle so bad, and be so grateful for my time there. It's not just that I want to visit again, though that would be nice (and expensive), but I miss being immersed in this place. The green, the hills, the mountains, the air, the water, the people, the university culture, all of it. It's like a piece of me is missing and I'll probably always feel that way. When we were there, I missed Chicago. How do people move to many different places and not feel like they left a piece of themselves behind?

Spike Mattford took a year and climbed onto the roof of Safeco Tower (UW Tower) and took these photos over a year's time. Gorgeous.

http://www.spikemafford.com/newwork/viewsfromthetop/

No comments: