Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hoping for a Regular kinda Saturday

Yesterday was Friday. At least I think it was. I wouldn't know. It was a looooooong day! We got up early to get Sylvie to the dentist for her filling. She right off the bat decided this was not happening and I had to do a lot of co-ercing and threatening and bribing. Which is tiring! The dentist is a good ways away, so we got there early and I stopped for a snack since Sylvie really hadn't eaten much. Worked out great and we got there in plenty of time. Ariel was on the tv there so she was all excited and happy and just a bit thrown off when they took her hand to bring her back without mommy!!!!!

So, on my ride down to the dentist, I get some phone calls from Jorge. He is almost positive he has another kidney stone and he is driving so he is turning back from work and heading home. Another call, now he's headed to the ER. Yikes! I'm headed the other direction and this appointment has been a long time coming, so luckily his family can help him out.

So I'm sitting waiting watching the Sea Witch with Logan with my daughter getting a filling on a pretty bad tooth and my husband in the ER. What craziness!

Sylvie did well, though the cavity exposed a nerve so they had to do some major digging and she has to go in 2 more times. Poor baby! So she was numb, crying and done with the dentist. Logan was upset about daddy but I wanted to check in on him at the ER. He had passed the stone by the time we got there, but were waiting for results and his morphine to kick in.

So lots of "you go here with this person, I'll go there with that person" all day long and we now know Jorge has more kidney stones to wait out (yikes! He's had them twice before!) , Sylvie's whole lip is swollen (the doc says it's from biting, not from an allergic reaction). The day was just eternally looooooong. Had to get Jorge's car back from his family, etc. Oh, and the icing on the cake, the ER prescribed meds Jorge is allergic to (duh!), thank goodness Walgreens caught it. So we had a few trips to Walgreens where the pharmacist sized me up making sure I wasn't trying to get Narcotics for my own personal use- as if! But I'm sure it happens all the time.

Today I cleaned like a maniac and the kids are mostly back to normal. Sylvie's lip is still all swollen but the kids are playing again together and Jorge isn't writhing in pain, so let's hope for a normal, uneventful, if busy, Saturday.

No comments: