-Today I woke to a weird Saturday. Husband was on "duty" heading to help friend prep for a lifetime of marriage via a bachelor party.
-Today I gulped down more than 1 cup of coffee
-Today I got on the scale and lost 1.9 pounds. So I put on my gym shoes and made a point to be active again to keep the loss.
-Today I played with the kids. Really played. Arts and crafts. Playing dollhouse (Logan used Lego guys). Had a LOT of fun. Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't want to play, but today I did it! For many hours.
-Today I saw water in the basement and walked right past it and instead of freaking out, I did the laundry down there. Heck the water is going to the drain, basement is unfinished. Is it really a crisis? We'll spray with bleach to keep mold at bay. Proud of myself for not freaking out.
-Today I made meals. All of them. And snacks. And the kids ate veggies and fruit and protein aplenty. And I ate healthy. Well except for the wine I'm drinking right now.
-Today I got the kids bathed and when Logan pitched a fit I was all prepared with a bribe.
-Today after the bath, I drove the kids to the outside mall planning to soak in some daylight amid the wet grass, but on dry pavement. Both kids fell asleep (miraculous) so I kept driving and then came home. Logan kind of woke up sleepy so I asked him if he would mind a stroller ride.
-Today I pushed two asleep or sleepy kids for a power walk in a stroller. Neighbors commented that it looked like a workout. If felt like a workout pushing 70 pounds around, hoping it keeps that weight loss for me.
-Today I got home and Sylvie threw a fit that we didn't get to the mall while she was awake.
-Today I saw my husband for a brief interlude between bachelor golf and bachelor drinking and he wasn't drunk and wasn't planning on getting drunk to the hungover point. Which means a happy family Sunday which I hadn't counted on since the bachelor party plans- yeah!
-Today I fed the kids dinner and then brought them with their money to the dollar store where we got:
-Red Ariel hair for Sylvie and yellow dress-up shoes
-A gun and army stuff for Logan
-School supplies for me to hang on the wall and help with keeping my kids learning this summer.
-Today I am happy. Even without my husband it was a good Saturday. Now Sunday with my husband should be even better right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That sounds like a fabulous day!
Nice!
What a great day!
What a perfect day!
Post a Comment