We visited this zoo on a lovely spring day and saw the Dinosaur exhibit! It was wonderful and the kids really enjoyed their time in the exhibit. I didn't bring a camera, but have a feeling we'll be going again, so perhaps I'll get some good pics next time. At the end of the trail, you had to walk through the gift shop to get out. I groaned and reminded the kids that we would not be buying toys today as we had previously discussed. Logan got all upset and was telling me he didn't want a toy, but he wanted a t-shirt. I finally asked him "Logan, did the kids at school have a t-shirt from the Dinosaur exhibit?" "Well, just Charlie." Ahh, Charlie. Logan's knight in shining armor. Gotta love when they have heroes. We didn't find the exact t-shirt, and moved quickly to the array of cool dinosaur toys. Sylvie got attached to one little Stegosaurus and Logan got a tiny sticker activity book. I'm a pushover.
So while Logan was doing his sticker book in the wagon, Sylvie and I spent some time enjoying watching the unusually hilarious bears in their area. I had been holding her and plopped her down in the wagon again and turned away to start pulling the wagon. When I heard an ear-piercing screech. Who fell into the bear pit? Did he get hurt? Did someone get stung by a bee? No, I quickly realized it was my Sylvie screaming at this crazy decibel and she was holding a finger out pointing to her hat laying on the ground nearby. A few moms with their faces in horrified expressions from the shear magnitude of her reaction to dropping a hat, ran over and helped me retreive it. The screaming stopped, the ringing in my ears eventually subsided, and all was better. Until bathtime did not go as she anticipated and Logan didn't join her. Which began another screamfest in an echoey bathroom and held her til she eventually calmed down and fell asleep in my arms. She's not big on "change."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment