Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bonus

I got a bonus today:) It was preformance based which is really cool. They expect me to complete work on projects totalling a certain dollar amount based on my salary. Anything I complete over that, I get to keep 2% of the profits. It was a pretty good bonus- about 3 paychecks:) I was super excited!

Of course it's always nice getting a bonus but to me it was a special treat for a few reasons....
1-They cut back everyone's salaries by 10% starting this paycheck but kept the bonus program because basically we are earning so much extra for the company, letting us keep 2% isn't a big deal.
2-Jorge gets bonuses. I wanted mine too!
3-I got stiffed a LOT by never getting even a holiday bonus. One year was a bottle of wine (I couldn't drink at the time). One year I got about $100 max? I dished out $20 of it for a gift for the bosses! And the other years I worked at an office that didn't give bonuses or they let me go before the holidays arrived.

So YES I am proud of my hard work and really happy:) I'm trying to not think of the fact that they take 50% of it away in taxes. UGH!

2 comments:

Bri said...

Nice! My bonus this year was 20 free sheets with enhancements... It was just enough to get Lexi and Adam's birthday pictures done. Saved me a bunch LoL

Becky said...

Congratulations! That's exciting news for you! I'm crossing my fingers that my bonus will come through this year, but I won't know until March. At least I still have a job, though!