Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nonstop Energy!

Where do I get some? The kids have it! And they ate healthy all day! Today we have been home and playing and playing and playing and playing. They are just so full of energy and imagination and bursting to tell stories and be goofy. We've pretended we were at the movies (pretend popcorn eating and all!), painted, and the kids have been just all over the place.



This morning when the coffee kicked in I said "alright, let's play Hotel for Dogs" because that's what Logan had been begging to play. So I plopped down the dogs and vet office. Then Logan says "Let's do Spiderman too." So he brought spidermen to the floor. Sylvie brought her toys. And Abby brought her toy! I felt bombarded with them all talking and playing at once. It was crazy and fun. But goodness I needed a break after awhile!

And don't even get me started on Logan's paper projects. We officially have NO Paper left in the HOUSE!!!! Or tape. Or anything resembling a craft project. This child will run around like a crazy man wrapping "presents", making little tubes he calls telescopes and swords. The new quest is to make "Calendars" where he writes all the numbers and hangs them on a magnet with a hook. It's so cute! It reminds me of a friend whose son used to make "number rolls" writing numbers and taping them together. I dont' dare show him. My friend's little guy was in that habit for years! We might go broke buying paper, but I'm excited to see it:)


Here's a pic of all the things they brought over to play with. Too funny.
















Update: This just in, I found his secret stash and he has been secretly taking the extra long paper from beside the computer desk to make extra big guns! Oh boy, how exciting!

(taken in secret from the computer desk between railings)






No comments: