We did not make them Sam I am.
We did not make them in the kitchen.
We did not make them on the table.
We did not make them Sam I am.
We did get all excited and found the recipe and I had some fresh whole wheat flour and chips and all the ingredients assembled on the table. That is...all the ingredients except sugar. Yeah, sugar. We were plum out of sugar. Who has a box of random cookie ingredients and is out of all the important stuff?
So I dug through the cabinets and found sweetened condensed milk. You can make ice cream of snow. Ready to wear my "cool mom" badge we got out snow and well, when I went to open the can, it had an expiration date. From a long time ago. So I decided that the evaporated milk might do. I looked it up. Condensed milk basically is evaporated milk wiht sugar in it. Yeah, since we have sugar around, I'll just add some in. So I settled for some fake sweetener and well Logan summed it up "This doesn't taste as good as just snow."
So we're eating chocolate chips alone and some day in the future, we'll be making the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever (with some wheat flower for some "health" factor). I can only dream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL! "This doesn't taste as good as just snow." That's priceless!
I'm impressed by your resourcefulness, though. Even though it didn't work out this time, you never know - you may just end up inventing a great recipe someday! :-)
Post a Comment