Saturday, January 17, 2009

A spelling milestone...

I must admit I read a friend's blog recently and my mouth dropped when I heard her daughter was spelling out words. And suddenly, this winter has brought an interest/obsession with letters from Logan! So very exciting.

Today he tore off a piece of paper and asked from the kitchen table "Mom, how do I spell dinosaur." Usually he is just asking. But he had a pencil in hand. So I spoke each letter. The only letter I had to demonstrate was the letter "u" and I showed him by tracing it in the air like he likes to do. So he brought the paper over and did really well! The letters were in a row, but backwards and a bit askew. But seriously...HE"S WRITING!!!!! I'm so incredibly proud.

Just now he wrote his own word and asked me what it spelled. It was TDiS. So I said "Tdis" and he said "I wrote 'this'!" Heck, we'll work on spelling. Yes, Logan, for the moment, you are sheer GENIUS!!!! Love this boy!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Tdat was pretty close! Go Logan!

Faith said...

That is so great!!! If you're interested (& have time), check out the book "teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons". It is SOOO easy - seriously about 5 minutes a day for the first 30 lessons. My 4 1/2 yr old is going through it now.