My favorite part of Epcot was around mid-afternoon, in a sunny Italian “piazza” sipping a glass of wine and the kids were watching an entertainer. I don’t remember liking Epcot all that much when I was young, but I think as we get older, the idea of being in a place like Italy that you may not truly experience in your adult life is more appealing. Lunch was a great tepan dining show- fun! At one point Jorge and Logan went into a line to get pictures and autographs with all the characters. Logan loved the autographs, and Sylvie liked drawing her own pictures in her autograph book.
We went to a special late-night dinner show on the property. It was part stand-up comedian, part dancing with Minnie Mouse and Goofy. Logan was cutting a rug, doing the robot dance and happily participated in the storytelling on stage. Sylvie held back, wanting to be part of it, but afraid of the chaos, people and characters. When dinner was over and the music was on, both kids were running a amok alongside other kids dancing their hearts out, and Sylvie was happy as a clam.
The Illumination show was amazing. My favorite was the fireballs that jumped on the water. After that, nothing could compare. I have to hand it to Walt Disney, he may not have designed the Epcot show, but he sure set up the tone, level of perfection, and beyond typical standards that you find everywhere.

















No comments:
Post a Comment