Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 5- The sun came out!

Yeah for a warmer day and sunshine! Hollywood Studios here we come! Along with every other tourist in the state of Florida. Suddenly we found all fast-passes out, enormous lines, and crowds so thick I considered labeling Sylvie with my cell phone number in case she got lost!

We waited in line for the Mermaid show, were in the small holding area for 20 minutes when they announced there were technical difficulties and please leave. So we left and I found out later they immediately let a whole new crowd in. Really?!? Anyway, disappointed Sylvie was no easy task. Even worse was frustrated pouty Logan who wanted a toy back at the hotel but his request was denied. Hoping to perk everyone back up, we headed towards the Toy Story show. That was a joke, the lines were 70 minutes or more.

During the day we did actually go to the Star Wars show, well, actually Sylvie and I had to skip through the ride for an emergency bathroom pitstop. But we did see the “How to be a Jedi Knight” live show and that was a lot of fun. We did make it to the Mermaid show eventually and Sylvie is forever happier for it. I recorded bits of it and I think Jorge recorded the whole thing. We waited in line for the Backstage Tour ride forever only to hear those dreaded words once again “Technical difficulties.”

After the impatient, unproductive waiting, we brought the kids to the Honey I shrunk the Kids playground which was exactly what they needed. They had fun in one small part climbing, pretending, and just being kids. Sylvie wanted a picture atop an ant, and shouted “WAIT, I need my lipstick first.” Never a dull moment around this munchkin. On a Sylvie update note, she still doesn’t want to stop to use the restroom, but she has gone from sheer terror at the idea of a public restroom with a door to going into and locking herself into her own stall alone. Huge strides!

Lunch was a buffet, not my favorite meal, but Paco fell in love with a salad they had. The funniest moment was when a little boy from the next table came over and asked “Are you Paco?” “Were you at Hoop-de-Do last night?” It was durn hilarious. He has a following in Florida! After dinner were were in time for a street performer, 3 guys doing a “Water Check” that had Logan in stitches. I think all the street performances have been his favorite so far! If you ask him, he talks about toys he got. And talking with Crush the Nemo Turtle. Duuuude. Sylvie takes all the things she has been most afraid of and tells you those are her favorite. Too funny!

We caught the Beauty and the Beast live show and I think I enjoyed it more than anyone else. I love the colors, costumes, and music. Plus, I’ve always been a fan of the movie. We rushed over to Fantasmic and lucked into a few seats. The show was amazing, how they throw fire on the water around here I will not know, but it sure is impressive! I cannot believe we’ve caught so many great evening shows!

The rest of the crew wanted to continue out to a late dinner, so I stuck around with the kids and we had a pajama party in the room instead. Sounds like they had a great time and some good seafood at the Boardwalk- yum! Coupled with a lot of bus riding- ugh.









No comments: