Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Baby Girl is turning "4" !!!!!!!!


She was originally due to arrive on Christmas day. Even being born January 6, I was a bit concerned that her birthday might get shoved to the side so close to all the holiday hooplah. I don't know what I was worried about. We have found reason to celebrate each year of this little girl's life with gusto. This year we survived more stages, heard precious stories, and watched her pictures are becoming so detailed and even a few first stories to go along with them.

At age 4 our Sylvie Alecia is quite the little lady, loving anything girly and quick to claim anything her brother loves for her own. She is creative, imaginative, spunky and bright. She has her own light and our little "Chivilina" as we call her makes our days full and funny and fantastic. She is learning ballet and fiercely practices her athletic moves at "My Gym" until she masters them. She can bend her legs more than I could ever hope to! She's in preschool and making new friends.

I love you little Sylvie, you have "a way about you" (in Billy Joel's words) that we could see from when you were little and I love it. Thank you for being my daughter, my confidante, my shadow while I do all things girly, my extra pillow in cold nights and for all the spontaneous hugs and "I love you's" that come from nowhere. Can I put them in a box and take them out for later as needed?

Kisses and Hugs,
Mommy


She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her

She's got a way of pleasin'
I don't know why it is
But there doesn't have to be a reason
Anyway

She's got a smile that heals me
I don't know what it is
But I have to laugh when she reveals me

She's got a way of talkin'
I don't know what it is
But it lifts me up when we are walkin'
Anywhere

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get turned around

She's got a way of showin'
How I make her feel
And I find the strength to keep on goin'

She's got a light around her
And everywhere she goes
A million dreams of love surround her
Everywhere

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get turned around

She's got a smile that heals me
I don't know what it is
But I have to laugh when she reveals me

She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her
Anyway

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

Happy (late) birthday to beautiful Sylvie!!