Friday, November 7, 2008

Mr. Bossy

He may be cute, sweet and adorable, but he has his own idea of how the world should work. And now that he is confident enough to speak his mind, he does. All the time.

"Mommy, you can't make the Batman guy do that, he has to shoot his gun like this."

"Mommy, I don't want that. Anything else for dinner?"

"Sylvie! Stop that! You can't play with that playmobile toy guy, you play with this one wearing purple! That's the girl. Mommy! Sylvie is trying to play with the boy!"

"Mommy, I want to wear my spiderman shirt and sweatpants to my birthday party." This one really got to me for some reason. I had to walk away! I told him I get to pick his clothes for his party, he can wear spiderman to his friends' party. Evil mom, yes. Can't help it today!

"Abby! Stop playing with that toy. You need to play with this toy."

If you don't have a 5 year old yet, I have seen this behavior in the little girls in his classroom starting well before age 5. So with any luck, both of my cutie pies could be ordering me around at the same time. Can't wait!

4 comments:

C. Beth said...

Ana's already started that, but to a lesser extent.

It's amazing how she keeps doing it even though she knows asking nicely gets a better response.

Shannon said...

Don't you just love it when they get opinions of their own and decide we have to comply? Great post!

Joe said...

It's okay. If he's like me, he should be mostly out of that stage in nineteen, maybe twenty years...

Special K said...

Joe- I am telling you as he gets older, he couldn't get any MORE like you (Joe is my brother for anyone who doesn't quite get it). I swear I'm raising my brother with Logan and raising my sister with Sylvie. I was just commenting on it today.