Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A wish for you....

Christmas spirit. Not in the Walmart ad, or the red holiday cups from Starbucks. Everyone is asking for help this year. I've gotten 4 charity calls this week and many mailings. How do you choose if you have nothing to spare? A need to give is something that tugs at my heart each year.

Today I opened up my favorite message boards and came across a family in need. The littlest girl has the same birthday as my daughter. I recognize her from the past 3 years of raising our girls and talking about it online. That is my charity this year. I cannot afford a ton, but I gave her 10% of what my generous mother-in-law gave me to spend on myself in Las Vegas. It goes in the mail tomorrow.

I hope with all the charities and families in need this holiday, that you find something that tugs at your heart when your wallet is full.

No comments: