I was watching Sylvie sit in her Cheerleader pose and thought "wow, I wonder if she'll be a cheerleader someday!" Cheerleading involves a loud voice, a big bright smile, some rhythm and some desire to be on display. Let's say I was none of the above when I was little. But her, well, she might actually fit the bill. Especially with the loud voice. Yes, especially that voice. Boy that girl can shriek! I say let's find her an outlet for these talents and when she's big enough, make some curly bows and put her hair in a pony, let her wear some makeup and there you go, a little cheerleader in the making.
My brother and I weren't super athletic. He did some t-ball and soccer. I did some gymnastics in grade school. My sister was in swimming, but by then I was much older and didn't attend all the meets. We certainly didn't spend each weekend on the run to athletic events through my childhood. If this family heads the direction of soccer, baseball and cheerleading, it'll be a whole new adventure. We might even need a minivan. Eek! Okay, maybe not.
It is funny to think of high school aged kids in my life. Will they be in the popular crowd? Will Sylvie be dramatic and catty, always in fights with her friends, or hold them tight like she hangs on to Logan. Will Logan be cool and sweet or too quiet and doing his own thing. Will the predictions for a cheerleader and a jock come true into high school, or will they find other talents before that age. Or will they be content to hang out at home and avoid extracurriculars altogether. Will they be full of teen angst or willing to hang out and chat about life.
Who knows, but it sure is fun to think about it. Before I really have to deal with the outings, the angst, the homework projects, the friends, etc etc. Preschool is looking mighty easy now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment