Two years ago, the parade was kind of opening day for the cicada infestation, the day they started flying around. I was at a cousin's event for the day, thank goodness I wasn't there dealing with the cicadas with Jorge and the kids. I was absolutely horrified with these creatures and in 13 or 17 years, or whenever it is they will come back, I resolve to NOT live anywhere near them, at least for those few months. I was around for the last infestation but this one was so incredibly gross in my everyday stepping on them into my office, getting whacked in the head by them on my way to the car, having them land on me and hang out on my neck in the car, and the noise, oh the sound they made- wow! I don't want to even post a picture because they were soooo gross and like a plague- eeew!
Okay, so the kids enjoyed this year's parade. Their favorite things were the volcano (no pics) and the T-Rex as they call the dinosaur on the zoo float. Sylvie fell in love with each and every tiny dog, and Logan made a beeline for the candy. Poor guy just missed a big haul when they threw candy right after they handed him some brochures. Sweet boy he is, he turned to bring them all the way back to me instead of running for the candy.
Here's a few pics to commemorate the day. Someday, we may have a series of pictures from all the years they attend the parade, that could be fun! Someday, I'm sure one or both of them will be in the parade.

No comments:
Post a Comment