Strike a Pose
On Mother's Day he found some paper swords he had made at my mom's house and was trying to get us all to use them. He said "First you hold the sword and say your superhero name." "I'm Volor!" (that seems to be the made up name he loves lately). "And then you show your 'move.'" And he struck a fighting pose. Jorge could barely contain the laughter while he came up with his own superhero name and move, and we all enjoyed Logan's drive.
Growing Up
"Mom, how old is a teenager." Me: "Thirteen is the first year you are a teenager." and we talked about all the years, how you can drive at age 16 and at age 20 you weren't a teenager, you were an adult. He was asking questions about school as well so I told him when he was an adult he could go to college and decide what he wanted to do for a job and where he wanted to live.
We're reading bedtime books and he comes out with...
"Mom, I know what I want to do for my job. When I'm an adult. I want to work at McDonald's. And I want to live right here."
Excellent plan, my man. Last week the plan was to be a Fighter Pilot.
Detective
At night, when I'm getting everything ready, one of the kids will hide their favorite Richard Scarry book and come running in to tell me we need a Detective to find it because it is lost. Then Logan will get all excited because he finds "Clues." Mom! Look! , there is a CLUE! It's dots on the floor." And eventually we find it and they decide who the bad guy was and why he took the book. It's Imagination Central around here, all the way up to Bedtime!
Engineer
"Mom, what are those?" (Empty box from pop cans) "It's Recycling, you can re-use if you would like. "YES! I have an AIRPORT!!!!" So he grabbed all kinds of things to make his new toy extra fun and made a rocket ship out of the water bottle I had hidden inside. He glues raisin boxes on the side for the "wings." He loves creating.
Globos
While I was typing this Sylvie came over devastated. Her Helium balloon from Trader Joe's had deflated and would not "float" any longer. A new concept to this 3 year old, but it reminded me of my Logan's obsession with balloons. For his second birthday everyone brought balloons! His balloon obsession was far-reaching. At age 2, he had only a few "words." "Ma" was one, "Gobo" (Globo= Balloon in spanish) was another "Boon" (Balloon) was another. That was it. The other 5 were more sounds than word attempts. We would look at books and he would flip the pages til he found the page with balloons and want me to tell him stories about that page and that page only. Then he was done. I could tell you what pages in all of our books contain balloons. His Abuelita knew exactly where to get balloons in each mall because a crisis would ensue if he saw one and did not have one of his own. Not to mention the reams of paper we used to make paper balloons with real balloon string and the game that followed where we "bought" and "sold" them to each other for real money. It was "Money for Globos" and it took over our household for months.
This is a picture of Logan on his second birthday, with the balloons, and the next morning, before I popped them all (we had this down-pat as well , slicing near the tied part with sharp scissors, for if they made noise, all heck broke loose).
My sweet boy, he's 180 degrees different at age 5 than that silly obsessed cutie pie he was at age 2.







1 comment:
Kristin, Logan's games and imagination crack me up!! Money for Globos made me laugh out loud. Oh kids......
Post a Comment