Saturday, May 9, 2009

On the eve of this Mother's Day....

This is the sixth Mother's Day where I am a mom (one when Logan was in utero). And in true form, I am running around like only a mom could. We went to the children's museum today with my mom and hung out at her house for the afternoon. I was dealt a 3 year old's massive tantrum to navigate and survived. It got pretty loud, Logan kept whining that Sylvie's shrieking was hurting her ears. Fun fun!

From 5 pm til 9 pm life has been one giant blur of cooking, eating, cleaning dishes, last- minute errands, and a very exciting art project for the moms in our lives. I am exhausted and may not clean all the legos off of the floor before bed, but it was definitely worth the full day and getting all I wanted to get done today. Poor Jorge was at work for about 10 hours now, on a Saturday! Glad we had other plans to fill our time.

Someday my mother's days will be well-thought out, neat, organized and quiet. But for now, they are crazy, getting things ready, seeing two moms and a grandma, and dealing with the kids and life because after all, even though it's a holiday, the kids still need clean clothes, wiped faces and to eat 5 or 6 times through the day. I'm sure there will be 50 or more "Mom" requests tomorrow through the day. But I don't mind. I'm a mom. That's my life and I live for it.

Happy Mother's Day to all the other moms out there. Hope the day is all you expect, but if it's not exactly what you think it'll be, try to relax and enjoy the real meaning of the holiday, being a mommy to a child who loves the heck out of you:)

No comments: