Last night I got to use my sewing machine (woohoo!) and Jorge sat the kids down on the couch with him...with a snack and drinks.....and introduced them to "Home Alone." He fast-forwarded to the funny parts to their hearts content and lots of giggling was had by all. Logan has always thought it was hilarious when anyone gets hurt on tv (it's a bit scary actually!) , so Tom and Jerry is just fantastic and we knew he would love the scenes where the bad guys get trapped and bungled through the whole house.
I got to get the sewing machine up and running, and we got cloth for my projects at the store. As we were getting things measured, we saw some character cloths so Logan picked out Ninja Turtles and we got Tinkerbell for Sylvie. Jorge found some pillow forms and I made Logan's pillow and a doll bed pillow for Sylvie's itty bitty cradle. Unfortunately, I sewed up her Tinkerbell fabric and she had an all out fit. She was absolutely horrified that I had cut her Tink "blanket" into a pillow. Oh boy. It was quite the half hour around here let me tell you. In the middle of it, Logan decided he was tired and wanted to try out his Ninja pillow so we hauled upstairs and put him to bed, all with Miss Tantrums on my hip wailing and crying. Gotta love life. Sometimes I think siblings know how to tune each other out selectively.
Oh, and bonus, one of the bobbins was threaded unevenly and it messed up my machine, so Jorge helped me pull off a plate to disentangle all the extra thread. Then, while I helped out with the kids, he sat with the book and figured out how to get the machine to stop grabbing all the fabric. I love it! He did fix it too! After that, I got Logan's pillow sewn while everyone sat at the end of the dining table cheering me on. How's that for family?
Update: And it's 8:30 the next day and she's finally ready for the Tink blanket to be turned into a pillow. Peer pressure, she loves Logan's Ninja turtle pillow:) Off to sew!
I got to get the sewing machine up and running, and we got cloth for my projects at the store. As we were getting things measured, we saw some character cloths so Logan picked out Ninja Turtles and we got Tinkerbell for Sylvie. Jorge found some pillow forms and I made Logan's pillow and a doll bed pillow for Sylvie's itty bitty cradle. Unfortunately, I sewed up her Tinkerbell fabric and she had an all out fit. She was absolutely horrified that I had cut her Tink "blanket" into a pillow. Oh boy. It was quite the half hour around here let me tell you. In the middle of it, Logan decided he was tired and wanted to try out his Ninja pillow so we hauled upstairs and put him to bed, all with Miss Tantrums on my hip wailing and crying. Gotta love life. Sometimes I think siblings know how to tune each other out selectively.
Oh, and bonus, one of the bobbins was threaded unevenly and it messed up my machine, so Jorge helped me pull off a plate to disentangle all the extra thread. Then, while I helped out with the kids, he sat with the book and figured out how to get the machine to stop grabbing all the fabric. I love it! He did fix it too! After that, I got Logan's pillow sewn while everyone sat at the end of the dining table cheering me on. How's that for family?
Update: And it's 8:30 the next day and she's finally ready for the Tink blanket to be turned into a pillow. Peer pressure, she loves Logan's Ninja turtle pillow:) Off to sew!

2 comments:
Kristin - Those are just great. Now, you are making me itch to get my machine out ... I'm sure Kate would love a tinkerbell pillow!
So cute, what a great idea!
Post a Comment