Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Countdown to Christmas!

"Hey honey, didn't you say we needed wrapping paper?"
"Look at the tag. How much does that roll cost."
"$8"
"That's 4 times the price that I would pay."
"That's why men don't take care of these things."
Yup!

This is the first Christmas week I think I've worked in ages. When in grad school I always had the week off. And I had two winter babies, and I got laid off last Thanksgiving and started in January. Kinda weird working in an empty office. BUT...oh man almighty the free food is covering tables from sponsors and manufacturers. I went in the kitchen to cut up a pear and came out with a plate containing a pear and a triangle of chocolate cake. Evil!!!! So far so good though, getting things done. Despite snowfall and frigid temps. We even went out last night and got the last few gifts. And almost everything is wrapped:)
The other day began at 6am for me looking out the window at this:
























Scarier still, this is what it looked like at 10 am. Windchill was -30 I believe.

























And who would I be to not include a pic of the snowfall we've had! Can't even see the street!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yes, we're definitely having the same weather! Brrr!

Sasha said...

It's cold here too!

Merry Christmas!

Chau said...

That is so beautiful! I don't know what I'd do with myself in -10 weather though. We are all shut in the house when it gets 30 degrees here.