Friday, December 19, 2008

Today...

Today was one of those days that seems like it's been a week since I woke up this morning. Let's see if I can put it in bullet form
~ :) Woke up to a quiet house, was able to creep downstairs and watch the news and call my mom and check on the snowfall before the screaming for mommy commenced.
~:) My husband is home:):):):):):):) Life is so much better with him in it:):):)
~:) Hang out with happy kids excited about ....well, everything.
~:) Give the kids a bath. They are so sweet smelling after a bath.
~:( Head out the door at 11 for my 12:00 work lunch. By 11:10, Jorge has his boots on and is helping me with the car. It is stuck. By 11:35 I am finally on the road to said party. The good news is we survived 20 minutes of the kids behaving and eating lunch inside while we worked hard to figure out how to get that car out of the alley and on to the road!!! Santa, if you are listening, maybe some snow tires would be a good idea?
~:) Work Party= Free Lunch. Jorge took Logan to school in the SUV, which of course has 4 wheel drive and no problems really driving around. Logan had a blast and said most everyone was there.
~:( Work Party Stress: I feel so ridiculously insecure in keeping my job. You could cut the tension in the room with a knife. Another guy got laid off this week. That makes 5 that I know of in the past month. It's not that big of a company. I hate this feeling. I wanted to throw up. It's a different kind of stress, I feel like the rug could be pulled under me at any moment. I am hopeful for my job to stay around, but not so sure that will happen.
~:) Getting a big hug from my husband after the work party stress
~:( The two MAJOR temper tantrums Sylvie threw today. Seriously out of control.
~:) Super Target: the golden place where I spent an hour getting the rest of everything I need, want , need for gifts, stockings, being Santa, bringing to a party, gifts, and a bottle of wine. Whew. We have one more trip for 2 gifts to one location. Very figured out and can happen anytime before Christmas Day. So should be okay. And neither is crucial.

So that's my day. And that's why I don't have any cute snow pictures to post. But maybe tomorrow I'll take the kids out? Hope you all had a much less involved and stressful day today!

1 comment:

Becky said...

My employer is laying off people, too. :( We were told a month ago that there were going to be cuts, and we'd know who in 3-4 weeks, and now they've postponed it until early January. So we're all going moment-to-moment, wondering who's going to get cut. Happy holidays to us. :(

The kids help keep it in perspective, though. They help remind me of what's really important in life (although being able to pay the bills so they have a roof over their heads is pretty high up on that list).

Fingers crossed that we both make it through this round of lay-offs!